Memorable trip to Bangkok with my dearest family and a group of aunties and uncles two weeks ago.
Be prepared for loads of photos.
Flight at 7.50 am on Thursday so woke up at 4 am in the morning
The flying experience never got any better. 2 hours and 5 minutes stuck in a small place that is barely comfortable. I hate flying with AA.
Smile smile! Welcome to Thailand! Sawadeeka!
The weird looking guy
My lovely dad
The cute minibus that will accompany us for the next few days and of course my lovely parents
Spot the two lengzai!
Uncle Andrew briefing us our routine of the day as we board the bus
Hello Bangkok!
First stop was the Erawan museum, well known for its three-headed elephant building that we go inside. The building itself is a wow. Made from tiny pieces of porcelains and spoons, it takes years to finish this museum.
The entrance right after we step down from the bus
Can't see that it has 3 heads eh? :(
Ticket room
The exhibition hall in the elephant
进家叫人,进庙拜神
Ground floor of the hall
See the tiny bits were actually made up of broken pieces of porcelain bowls
Spoons as decorative items
Even the ceiling was made from porcelain pieces!
The highest floor of the elephant museum
Peacefull, cool place to meditate
Next stop, FOOD!
Went to MK plaza
Eat at MK restaurant
It is a franchise restaurant, very much like BBQ plaza but steamboat is served instead of BBQ
The soup base is very sweet with no hint of MSG and the ingredients were the freshest! Especially the pork pieces and prawns. The roast duck and siew yok (roast pork) was the best! Better than anything I've tasted in Malaysia. I wonder why. There was also a claypot rice *sort of* that was out of the world! I cannot describe exactly how it taste like but it was very very good! Flavourful with the meat pieces, chesnut, and cashew nuts. The one thing I miss the most.
This heavenly rice
This is the best roast duck and siew yok I've ever tasted.
After filling our tummy, we shopped at MK Plaza.
Then we checked into our hotel, Swissotel Le Concorde
Fresh bouquet of flowers
:)
The spacious room
The awesome pool view
After getting a short rest, we head to Siam Niramit
The world class cultural show that was eye opening
Buffet dinner was included and it was yum yum!
There was a village setting at the place that we get to walk around before the show starts
The show was too spectacular, too good
You have to see it yourself to believe it.
Who could have think of elephants on the stage, swimming and rowing of boats, lighting up candles and let it float all on the stage? The thunder and raining effects were also very realistic. I will go back and watch again!
The show has three parts
The first part: Journey back into the history - where it shows how different culture was brought into Siam
Second part: Journey beyond imagination - Fiery Hell, Mystical Forest of Himapaan and Blissful Heaven. We see how hell is like, how the mystical beings live in forest and the happy ever after heaven. Jaw dropping settings
Third part: Journey through joyous festival - How different festivals are celebrated
I wasn't very keen on watching the show as I entered as I had not expect anything but boring history
but as the show proceed, I could not tear my eyes off the stage. The feeling.. is incredible. And yes, I want more of it. The stage, the performers and effects. Worth every baht paid. Oh, the show have this no camera policy thus we have to surrender our camera at the counter beforehand so no pictures.
Dining area
The night did not just end after the show. We went for supper at Lek Kut Seafood Restaurant. How can one not get fat? :)
The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment