Monday, July 20, 2009

Of working

Estee lauder sales were held at Renaissance Hotel in KL last Saturday and I helped out as an assistant cashier. =D

Woke up at 4.30 and I think reach the hotel at 5.30. Slept about 4 hrs oni. Alot of people are already queuing there, waiting to go in. We had a short briefing before heading to enjoy buffet breakfast provided. I heard that the very frist people to line up for the sale was like at 3.30am! So early..Crazy people..By 6.30, the queue is from 2nd floor hall to graund floor outside on the road! I was so shock by the amount of people that are willing to queue up early in the morning just for the sale!

Then I was paired up with Mellisa Wong, a really friendly young lady. She is the main cashier. The staff was allowed to grab things before the customers are allowed in. So me and Po Keng was going everywhere looking for things that we are ordered to buy and I took a nail polish..=D
Then the crazy crowd was let in! Melisa and me had a great time sorting out the items for customers, dumping products into plastic bags and telling the customer which item to choose. We are in charge of the cash lane so people in cash lane have limited amount of cash to spend. We are kind enough to let them count with our calculator before keying into the cash register. The people are very very crazy, they grab whatever that was cheap to them and put them into the bag. After that, they will sit in a corner to sort out what they want. So after first half an hour, we can see people sitting down on the floor, sorting items and deciding which to buy.

We were busy from 7-12.. People keep coming in. Mind you, this sale is for invited people only, not public. If it is for public, I think the crowd would be twice or thrice as much. -.-" Haha.. Then at 12 we had our buffet lunch, also provided. Really tasty meal! Hehehe..Great food. With chocolate fountain too! XD But did not try it out. Cause short of time. Had half an hour for lunch only le.. Then after lunch, we went to grab more things.. haha..Girls and shopping.
The crowd was less after 12, for cash lanes. So our lanes close at 2. The credit card lane run until 3 something. I was paid RM50 for working. hehe.. Plus 2 buffet meals. I am going to do it again next year..=) Eventhough it is very tiring to stand a whole day. But its fun.

Pictures of crowd will be uploaded when I feel like it. I am in the library now.Haha.

No comments: